- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp apple juice, concentrate
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ⅛ tsp allspice, ground
- 1½ cups almonds or hazelnuts, ground
- 10 oz raspberry fruit spread
- Use blanched almonds or hazelnuts.
- Beat butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Blend in egg yolks, juice concentrate, and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice; mix well.
- Stir in almonds.
- Gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until well-blended.
- Spread 1½ cups batter evenly onto bottom of 10" tart pan with removable bottom or 10" spring-form pan.
- Spread fruit evenly over batter, leaving 1" border around edge.
- Spoon remaining batter into pastry bag fitted with ½" plain or star tip.
- Pipe batter in lattice design over fruit spread.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake tart 35 minutes, until crust is golden brown and fruit spread is bubbly.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutritional information Edit
- 486 calories | 8 gm protein | 41 gm carbohydrate | 34 gm fat | 63% of calories from fat | 100 mg cholesterol | 276 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges ¾ starch/bread | 6¼ fat | 2 fruit | ½ medium-fat meat