This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Kilgore Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chile
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1½ cups drained canned diced tomatoes
- ½ cup bottled clam juice
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 12 ounce package linguini pasta
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add bell peppers, jalapeno and minced garlic then sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, clam juice, ⅓ cup cilantro, wine, water, lemon juice and dried red pepper.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour and garlic powder in shallow bowl.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour mixture shaking off excess.
- Melt remaining butter with 1 tablespoon oil in another heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add tuna to skillet and sauté until just opaque on the outside about 2 minutes per side.
- Bring sauce to simmer over medium heat then add tuna and cook 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain pasta well then divide among 4 plates.
- Place tuna on top of pasta then spoon sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and cilantro and serve.