Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Kilgore Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chile
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1½ cups drained canned diced tomatoes
- ½ cup bottled clam juice
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 12 ounce package linguini pasta
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add bell peppers, jalapeno and minced garlic then sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, clam juice, ⅓ cup cilantro, wine, water, lemon juice and dried red pepper.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour and garlic powder in shallow bowl.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour mixture shaking off excess.
- Melt remaining butter with 1 tablespoon oil in another heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add tuna to skillet and sauté until just opaque on the outside about 2 minutes per side.
- Bring sauce to simmer over medium heat then add tuna and cook 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain pasta well then divide among 4 plates.
- Place tuna on top of pasta then spoon sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and cilantro and serve.