- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and onion and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add basil, pepper flakes and wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and raisins and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to boiling water, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Cook pasta until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Add pine nuts, bread crumbs and soy cheese to sauce; stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flaxseed or olive oil.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve hot.