Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Linguine with Olives, Eggplant and Artichokes from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 baby eggplants, quartered
- 2½ cups canned peeled tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 x 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 12 oz linguine
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, lemon juice and eggplant and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar and tomato paste then raise heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and olives and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook linguine according to package instructions. Drain pasta and add to a large bowl. Toss with remaining olive oil. Add tomato mixture and toss well to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately garnished with fresh basil.