This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1/3 lb. of linguica
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1/2 cup of chopped Onion
- 1/2 lb. of chopped Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of cream
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1- 9 inch. pie shell
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Sauté Onion in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add ground linguica, sauté additional 5 minutes, set aside.
- Bake the pie shell for 5 minutes, remove it from the oven and sprinkle linguica mix in it add chopped Swiss.
- Mix together the eggs, cream, salt and cayenne pepper. Strain into the pie shell. Bake 10 minutes at 450.Reduce heat to 350 and bake until firm. This should take around 20 minutes.