Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Lemons cooked in the oven. Not only is this antipasta super simple, it is great for a party - a 2-bite taste explosion! Even if you think you don't like anchovies - give it a go! Plus the bubbly mozzarella in the bright yellow lemon 'cup' make for a dramatic presentation.
- 2 large unwaxed lemons
- 1 or 2 x 5-oz. balls of buffalo mozzarella, sliced into ¼ inch thick pieces
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Remove the ends of the lemons & discard them (don’t cut in to deep - you want to keep a closed bottom). Then cut the lemons in half crossways, giving you little lemon bowls
- Using a small knife, remove the lemon flesh, leaving you with 4 hollow lemon rind bowls. (Again you don’t want to break-into the rind)
- Cut a piece of mozzarella to fit inside, then lay a basil leaf, half an anchovy fillet and half a cherry tomato on top with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Put another slice of mozzarella on top - the lemon should now be filled up. Do the same to the rest of the lemon bowls.
- Place on a baking sheet & cook in a preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes, until golden & bubbling.
- Remove from the oven & allow to cool for a few minutes
- Serve with crostini. Scoop the mozzarella out & eat with the toast to mop up any juices!