Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds fresh limes
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 6 green onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest all the limes and collect zest in a large bowl.
- Peel limes making sure to remove all white pith carefully.
- Add lime to the zest.
- Add green onion, bell pepper and parsley to the lime and zest mixture.
- Using an electric chopper with a coarse blade to blend to desired consistency.
- Add celery, mustard, cardamom, salt and sugar to the rest of the mixture then cover and refrigerate for 2 days before serving.