This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds fresh limes
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 6 green onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest all the limes and collect zest in a large bowl.
- Peel limes making sure to remove all white pith carefully.
- Add lime to the zest.
- Add green onion, bell pepper and parsley to the lime and zest mixture.
- Using an electric chopper with a coarse blade to blend to desired consistency.
- Add celery, mustard, cardamom, salt and sugar to the rest of the mixture then cover and refrigerate for 2 days before serving.