Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 (9 – 10 inch) baked pie shell
- 1 (6 oz or 2 – 3 oz) pkg. lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp shredded lime peel
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in lime peel and juice.
- Break ice cream into pieces, about 2 inch cubes, and stir into gelatin mixture until ice cream is completely dissolved.
- Set in refrigerator (usually 10 – 15 minutes) until mixture is firm enough to hold its shape.
- Spoon into baked shell.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Use a large pie plate or you will have filling left over.
- Make a day ahead and refrigerate.
- Make earlier and freeze--but thaw before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream or whipped topping and maraschino cherries if desired.