Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 (9 – 10 inch) baked pie shell
- 1 (6 oz or 2 – 3 oz) pkg. lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp shredded lime peel
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in lime peel and juice.
- Break ice cream into pieces, about 2 inch cubes, and stir into gelatin mixture until ice cream is completely dissolved.
- Set in refrigerator (usually 10 – 15 minutes) until mixture is firm enough to hold its shape.
- Spoon into baked shell.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Use a large pie plate or you will have filling left over.
- Make a day ahead and refrigerate.
- Make earlier and freeze--but thaw before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream or whipped topping and maraschino cherries if desired.