Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves: 4
- 2 Cornish game hens, each about 1¼ lbs
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut the wing tips off the hens.
- With poultry shears, cut down along both sides of the hen's backbone to remove it and discard.
- Open the hen up and cut it in half down the center of the breast.
- Repeat with the other hen.
- In a measuring cup, stir together the lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, orange zest, and red pepper flakes.
- Put the hens in a resealable plastic freezer bag; pour in the marinade.
- Seal the bag and squish it so the marinade coats evenly.
- Place the bag in a bowl in case of leaks.
- Marinate the hens in the refrigerator at least 2 hrs or overnight.
- Heat a barbecue grill to medium.
- Oil the grill.
- Remove the hens from the marinade.
- Drain the marinade into a small saucepan, bring to a full boil, and boil for 2 mins.
- Place the hens skin side down on the grill.
- Baste with some marinade.
- Grill until lightly browned on the underside, about 10 minutes.
- Use a metal spatula to loosen the hens and turn.
- Continue grilling, basting occasionally, and turning and moving as necessary, until no longer pink in the thickest part, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Serve the hens, removing the skin before eating.
If you like spicy, use ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes or add a minced chili to the marinade. For deepest flavor, marinate the hens overnight.