Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Your family will love to eat more vegetables cooked this way.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 7 servings Serving size: ½ cup
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup fennel, cut in strips (4 oz)
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups leaf spinach, washed thoroughly
- 1 tbsp distilled vinegar
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp raw chives
- Steam or boil lima beans in unsalted water approximately 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté onions and fennel in oil.
- Add the beans and stock to the onions, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Cover and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and pepper.
- Cover and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ½ cup serving: Calories 93 | Fat 2 g Saturated fat | less than 1 g Cholesterol | 0 mg Sodium 84 mg