Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serve as a side dish, or, believe it or not, over spaghetti.
- Recipe from sneakykitchen.com
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine (or water or chicken broth)
- 1 can (16 oz) lima beans, drained or 10 oz pkg frozen limas, cooked
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp dried oregano flakes
- ½ tsp dried basil
- black pepper to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet or chicken fryer over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, green pepper and celery and sauté until onion starts to brown.
- Add garlic and sauté a minute longer.
- Add white wine and drained limas and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat low and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until wine is mostly reduced.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer another ten minutes.