Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 white onions, chopped (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup carrot, chopped and peeled
- 4½ cups canned low-salt chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 5 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14.4-ounce) can asparagus, drained, or ¼ (2.5 pound)
- bag frozen asparagus
- ⅔ cup thinly sliced fresh basil, or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1.Heat oil in large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and carrot; cook until vegetables are tender but not brown, about 8 minutes.
2.Add broth and bring to boil. Add lima beans and green beans and simmer until almost tender, about 8 minutes.
3.Add asparagus and ⅓ cup basil and simmer until all vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes longer.
4.Season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in basil. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.