Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe courtesy of Bal Bhadra Singh, Corporate Master Chef at Bandhani Restaurant at The Pride Hotel, Ahmedabad.
- Contributed by Indiancuisineandculture Y-Group
- See also Gujarat on a platter - mouth-watering recipes...
- 100 g tuwar dana (whole pigeon peas)
- 3 g nibu ful (citric acid)
- 10 g sugar
- 3 g garam masala
- 5 g coriander powder
- 2 g cumin (jeera)
- 3 g cashew
- 3 g raisins
- 3 g chopped green chillies
- 10 g white sesame (til)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- 10 g oil for cooking
- 3 g crushed black pepper
- 3 g crushed coriander seeds
- Make a pliable dough of the maida, oil, salt and water and keep aside for half an hour.
- Make small roundels (half-circles) of uniform size and keep aside.
- For the stuffing, put oil, hing, tuwar dana and til in a hot pan and stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook till the mixture becomes crisp.
- Remove the pan from the fire and allow it to cool.
- Stuff this mixture into the roundels and deep fry till golden-brown.
- Serve hot with sweet chutney.