Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: n/a
I've always enjoyed a good "salad." Something about them hits me right where I need to be hit, usually. Tuna salad, potato salad, egg salad, macaroni salad.... they're all delicious. But, I'm also from the midwest, so, it might be a "country bumpkin" type thing, but, I do love them. I've always made impromptu salads on my own, but took a bit of time to prepare a decent finger food for company using the "tuna salad" formula. These are light, fresh, delicious and a bit more filling than you'd think.
- 2 cans of chunk light low sodium tuna in water (the stuff that's not greasy)
- ½ to 1 cup of low-fat Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 6 green onions
- ½ of a Roma tomato
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 loaf of Ciabatta bread
- First things first: chop the onions, tomato and garlic
- Drain the cans of tuna and place in a large bowl
- Mix the tuna, Miracle Whip, onions, tomatoes, ketchup and garlic in a large bowl.
- cut the Ciabatta in 8 pieces and slice the bread, so as to create a pac-man like opening (what a description!) and place the tuna salad equally in each piece and serve!