- 1 small-medium of each: orange, red, yellow, and green bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 medium Onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy or tamari sauce
- basil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 or 4 scrapes of lemon zest
- 1/4 lemon
- 1 package of faux-meat strips
- Heat the oil for a few moments, then add the onions and garlic. Allow them to sautee on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add the cabbage, stir, and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, peppers, basil, salt, and ground pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If using faux meat strips, cook according to package (allow about six minutes preparation).
- Add lemon zest and tomatoes. If desired, add another splash of soy/tamari sauce. Cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- If using faux meat, squeeze lemon juice on strips, then add to the vegetable mixture.