- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 whole star anise
- 2 teaspoons orange flower water -- optional
- 6 large oranges
- fresh mint
- Combine first 3 ingredients in medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until Sugar dissolved. Simmer until liquid is reduced to generous 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in orange flower water. Cover; chill until cold. Discard anise.
- The above syrup can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cut peel and pith from oranges with knife. Slice oranges crosswise into 1/3-inch rounds. Set in bowls. Spoon syrup over. Top with mint.
- Make day before or morning of.