- 500 g lamb's liver
- ½ – 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3 potatoes, raw
- ½ – 1 cup milk
- 2 medium onions
- ½ tsp baking powder
- to taste salt, pepper and/or other favourite spice
- Remove all membranes and blood vessels from the liver and peel the potatoes.
- Peel onions and chop coarsely.
- Mince together liver, potatoes and onions.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and spices.
- Add the egg.
- Thin the mixture with milk, until it is the consistency of porridge.
- By this time it should look like a disgusting mess.
- Drop the mixture by the tablespoonful on a hot frying pan and fry on both sides until firm.
- Serve with butter-fried onion rings, mashed potatoes, green peas and rhubarb jam.
- Fried eggs are also good with this dish.