- Put water and salt in a small pot or deep pan and bring to shallow boil.
- Add 1 spoon of oil.
- Add flour while stirring the mixture quickly with wide/flat wooden spoon.
- Remove the mix and keep stirring about in a large bowl until it softens (becomes aseeda)
- Add some of the boiled water to the aseeda and let it gently cook for 10 minutes.
- Again beat the mixture for it softens and and becomes a thick, the consistency of soft play dough. Shape into a small mound in a bowl. Create a small crater with a spoon on top.
- Pour melted butter as a shallow moat around mound, and honey or date syrup on top in crater. Eat with fingers, pulling portions of cooked buttery mound and dipping in honey.