Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kanya (or Kanyah), is a sweet snack made from just three ingredients: rice, peanuts , and Sugar. Kanya can be made with store-bought rice flour, or you can make your own by crushing parched rice.one cup
- Using a mortar and pestle, a rolling pin, or something similar, break and grind the peanuts into small pieces, taking care not to crush them into a powder or paste.
- If using uncooked rice: parch the rice in a dry skillet, stirring continuously, until it becomes slightly browned. Break and grind the rice into pieces as was done with the peanuts.
- If using rice flour: parch the rice flour in a dry skillet, stirring continuously, until it becomes slightly browned.
- Combine the crushed peanuts and rice (or rice flour). Crush and grind them together until they form a powder, add the Sugar and mix well.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into cubes or pyramids, or press it into a pan and then cut it into squares.
- May be served immediately, or stored in air-tight containers.