Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- enough lettuce leaves for 4 people (use butter lettuce, red- or green-leaf lettuce)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- about ½ cup sour cream
- fresh chives, cut fine or finely sliced onions
- Wash and drain lettuce.
- Stir other ingredients together and pour over the lettuce.
- Mix lightly.
- A sliced hard-boiled egg may be used as a garnish if desired, to be fancy or give it more body.
- This salad won't keep long.
- It should be served at once or the lettuce will wilt and be miserable.
- Don't use the iceberg lettuce in this recipe, if you can help it. Use the kind listed in the ingredients. Only if they aren't available, then you may use the iceberg.