Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- enough lettuce leaves for 4 people (use butter lettuce, red- or green-leaf lettuce)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- about ½ cup sour cream
- fresh chives, cut fine or finely sliced onions
- Wash and drain lettuce.
- Stir other ingredients together and pour over the lettuce.
- Mix lightly.
- A sliced hard-boiled egg may be used as a garnish if desired, to be fancy or give it more body.
- This salad won't keep long.
- It should be served at once or the lettuce will wilt and be miserable.
- Don't use the iceberg lettuce in this recipe, if you can help it. Use the kind listed in the ingredients. Only if they aren't available, then you may use the iceberg.