Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 servings
- 300 g (10 oz) lentils
- 4 sausages
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stick celery
- 1 small piece chilli pepper
- Soak the lentils in water for 12 hours.
- Drain and cook in salted water for about 30 minutes — bear in mind that this type cooks pretty quickly.
- When the cooking time is nearly through, add 1 clove garlic and a piece of celery to be removed when you strain the lentils — remove from the heat when still slightly al dente.
- Mince the other garlic clove and the rest of the celery and fry gently with the oil in a saucepan over a moderate to low heat for 3–4 minutes.
- Turn the heat up slightly, add the sausage and brown for 3 minutes; pour in the tomato purée along with the chilli pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the sausages are nearly done, pour in the lentils, a cup of water, and season with salt.
- Cover the pot and leave to gain flavour over a low heat for about 20 minutes, moistening if necessary, with boiling water: the dish should be somewhat rich and dense.