- 3 tbsp sherry (or water or stock)
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped up mushrooms (make ¼ to ½" pieces) -- optional
- 1 med carrot, chopped
- 1 small (~1 lb) eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup texmati brown rice (or short-grain)
- 1 8 or 10 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cup water
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley to taste or more (up to ⅓ cup)
Rice cooker Edit
- Put the sherry or stock into the rice cooker with the sherry or stock, and turn on the machine.
- Let the onion sauté, as you chop and add the garlic, mushrooms, carrot, and eggplant.
- Give the pot a quick stir as you add each veggie.
- Add water if the vegetables start to stick, let the eggplant cook about a minute or so, then add the lentils, rice, liquids, basil, and oregano.
- Cover, let it cook, and allow to stand about 10 minutes when the cooker shuts off.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
Slow cooker Edit
- Sauté the veggies lightly, then add everything but parsley to the crockpot.
- Cook on low if you want to ignore it all day, or 3–4 hours on high.
- Add parsley and serve.