Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: Ten minutes
Cook time: Forty Five minutes
Serves: Eight persons
This delicious and healthy lentil soup was brought to Trinidad by the Syrian/Lebanese Community.
- 2 cups lentils
- 2 large onions
- 2 ounces butter
- 10 cups water
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil two cups lentils in ten cups water for forty minutes or until soft. Add three teaspoons salt and one teaspoon black pepper to water.
- While lentils are boiling, peel and dice two large onions and fry/sauté with two ounces butter in a large saucepan until golden brown, then add to boiling lentils.
- Knead one cup flour, two ounces water and two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pinch off and roll into quarter inch dumplings and throw into boiling soup.
- Boil for ten more minutes and voila.