Prep Time: Ten minutes
Cook time: Forty Five minutes
Serves: Eight persons
This delicious and healthy lentil soup was brought to Trinidad by the Syrian/Lebanese Community.
- 2 cups lentils
- 2 large onions
- 2 ounces butter
- 10 cups water
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil two cups lentils in ten cups water for forty minutes or until soft. Add three teaspoons salt and one teaspoon black pepper to water.
- While lentils are boiling, peel and dice two large onions and fry/sauté with two ounces butter in a large saucepan until golden brown, then add to boiling lentils.
- Knead one cup flour, two ounces water and two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pinch off and roll into quarter inch dumplings and throw into boiling soup.
- Boil for ten more minutes and voila.