Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook For People With Diabetes
- Makes: 6 Servings
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth or one 14 oz can beef or vegetable broth
- ¾ cup dried lentils, washed
- 1 x 16 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- ¼ to ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 5 minutes, until the onion is tender.
- Add the broth and Lentils. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their liquid, ½ cup water, and the remaining ingredients; Simmer over low heat, uncovered, for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water if the mixture becomes too dry.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ⅔ cup serving:
- 131 Calories | 8g Protein | 324mg Sodium | 0mg Cholesterol | 3g Fat | 20g Carbs
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 1 vegetable | ½ fat