Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Freezing: recommended (without yogurt) for up to 3 months
- 2 tsp corn or olive oil
- 2 oz lean back bacon, trimmed-of any fat and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 6 oz mushrooms, wiped and-chopped
- 6 oz orange lentils, rinsed and-drained
- 2 pint chicken stock
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- 6 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh chives, to-serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the bacon with the onion and carrot for 5 minutes, until : the onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, lentils and chicken stock.
- Season with the coriander, a little salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 40 minutes, or until the lentils are soft.
- Stir in the yogurt and reheat gently.
- Ladle into warm soup bowls, sprinkle with the snipped chives and serve immediately.