Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is from Tarla Dalal's Delicious Diabetic Low Cal recipes book. Note: You may use any fresh veggies if cabbage and spinach are not your favourites. Celery garlic toasts are posted separately. Enjoy! by Charishma Ramchandani
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- time to make 40 minutes | 20 minutes prep
- 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons yellow moong dal, washed (split yellow gram)
- 2 onions, cut into large pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 4½ cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup cabbage, shredded
- ⅓ cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons baked beans or tomato ketchup (Heinz)
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- black pepper
- To prepare stock, in a pressure cooker put the water and moong dal and pressure cook until the lentils are tender.
- Allow to cool.
- Blend in a liquidiser and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sauté the onion in it for a minute.
- Fold in cabbage and spinach.
- Saute for another minute.
- Add stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fold in the baked beans or tomato ketchup, tomato, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with celery garlic toasts.