Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup red lentil
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp dried leaf marjoram
- ¼ tsp dried leaf thyme
- 1 tsp virgin olive oil
- 1 medium size carrot, chopped
- 1 medium size celery stalk, chopped
- 2 green onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp hot pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup water chestnuts, sliced, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Rinse lentils and place in a saucepan with broth, bay leaf, marjoram and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain in a colander.
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan and stir-fry vegetables 3 minutes.
- Add lentils, hot pepper, water chestnuts and vinaigrette.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
Nutritional information Edit
- Food exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable + 1 starch/bread + 1 low-fat meat
- calories: 115; cho: 0 mg; car: 21g; pro: 9g; sod: 24 mg; fat: 4g