Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- SourceL Recipe #56624 From www.recipezaar.com, by the Dietitians of Canada
- Time to Make: 45 minutes | Prep: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (I use broth instead)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils
- 2 cups water or beef broth or vegetable broth
- 1 (5½ oz) can tomato paste
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan cook onion and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add lentils and water (or broth).
- Cover and cook on low heat until lentils are tender (20 – 35 minutes).
- Add tomato paste, ¾ cup water and seasonings.
- Cover and cook until lentils are soft and mushy (about 10 – 15 minutes).
- Serve over cooked spaghetti. If desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition information Edit
- 161 calories | 28 calories from fat | 3.1g total fat | 0.5g saturated fat | 1.7g polyunsaturated fat | 0.8g monounsaturated fat | 0g trans fat | 0 mg cholesterol | 406 mg sodium | 486 mg potassium | 26.2g total carbs | 5g dietary fiber | 4g sugars | 9g protein