- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram
- ⅔ cup dried lentils (red, green or ½ and ½)
- 7 cups veggie stock or water mixed with ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 x 28 oz can roma tomatoes and their juice
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- a few green onions, chopped, as garnish (optional)
- a dollop of vegan sour cream, as garnish (optional)
- Sauté the carrots, onion and marjoram together in a large soup pot until the onion is translucent.
- Add the lentils, stock, and tomatoes and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat, put on the lid, and simmer for 1 hour or until the lentils are tender.
- When the soup is finished cooking, remove from heat and stir in the white wine, if desired.
- Ladle out generous portions into soup bowls and garnish with a dollop of vegan sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped green onions.
- Serve with warm, whole grain bread and a big salad.