Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lentil Soup from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, US government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: Approximately 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups dry lentils
- 4 cups water
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 x 15oz. can tomatoes, crushed or chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or ½ tablespoon dried flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wash the lentils by rinsing them under running water.
- Put water in a large saucepan. Add the lentils, bring to boil, then reduce to simmer and cover the pan. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, tomatoes, onion, garlic and seasonings.
- Cover and cook another 15 minutes or until lentils are tender.