This is a flavorful and filling vegetarian adaption of the famous Shepherd's Pie.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- worcestershire sauce to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable seasoning
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- ⅓ cup Cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a pan, sauté onion in olive oil until transluscent.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add Lentils, ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce and seasonings. Mash mixture a little.
- Place lentils in casserole dish, followed by peas, and cover with mashed potatoes and cheese (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until potatoes turn light brown.