Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a flavorful and filling vegetarian adaption of the famous Shepherd's Pie.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- worcestershire sauce to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable seasoning
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- ⅓ cup Cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a pan, sauté onion in olive oil until transluscent.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add Lentils, ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce and seasonings. Mash mixture a little.
- Place lentils in casserole dish, followed by peas, and cover with mashed potatoes and cheese (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until potatoes turn light brown.