Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This hearty stew is chock-full of protein-packed lentils, vegetables and tasty turkey kielbasa. It's big on flavor but easy on the budget.
- Patti St. Antoine, Broomfield, Colorado
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 servings.
- 1 pound fully cooked turkey kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 can (14½ ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a Dutch oven, cook the kielbasa, carrots, celery, onion and garlic in oil until vegetables are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water, potatoes, broth, lentils, salt, cumin and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and chilies; heat through.
Nutrition Facts: Edit
One serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 268 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,236 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.