Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is another nice Hungarian soup made with quail.
- 1 quail
- ½ lb lentils
- 1 celeriac chopped
- ¼ lb ham or bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper
- Soak lentils for a few hours.
- Cook quail in salted water until tender.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- Cook lentils until tender and pass them through a sieve or puree in blender.
- Heat butter in pan and sauté ham and celeriac.
- Add a little flour and brown while stirring constantly then dilute with half of the stock.
- Bring to a boil for a few minutes then put through a sieve.
- Mix strained stock with puréed lentils and add other half of the quail stock and simmered covered for 30 minutes.
- Add quail to pot and serve with croutons.