This tastes great with Vegan Gravy .
- 1 medium Onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 lb Mushrooms, minced
- 1 cup dried Lentils, ground fine in your coffee or seed grinder
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1/2 tbsp dried
- 1 pinch each of ground cloves, nutmeg and cayenne pepper
- Equivalent of 2 eggs in egg replacer (see Substitutions section of this website)
- 1 cup natural or organic tomato juice (no additives)
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a loaf pan. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions, garlic and Mushrooms until soft. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is browned and the loaf is fairly dry.