Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1/2 pound Lentils, picked over (about 1 1 /4 cups)
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Toasted pita wedges
1) In a large saucepan bring 2 quarts water with salt to a boil and simmer Lentils about 15 minutes, or until al dente. In a colander drain Lentils and rinse under cold water, draining well. Transfer Lentils to a bowl and chill 20 minutes.
2) In a food processor pureé Lentils, tahini, garlic paste, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup water until smooth. With motor running add oil in a stream, adding up to 1/4 cup remaining water if mixture is too thick. Season hummus with salt and pepper.
3) Hummus may be made one day ahead and chilled, its surface covered with plastic wrap. Bring hummus to room temperature before serving. Serve with pita toasts.