Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Punjabi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 medium sized mugs of lentils (toor)
- 4 and 1 third mugs of water
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric (haldi)
- 1freshly chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- a few cardamom seeds
- Place the lentils in a pressure cooker and wash with water thoroughly.
- Drain off the water.
- Pour in the approx four mugs of water in with the lentils.
- Put in the turmeric, cumin, tomato and cardamom seeds.
- Put on the cooker on medium to high heat.
- Wait until pressure cooker has given two whistles then remove from heat.
- Let the pressure escape from the pressure cooker open and stir and then stir.
- Dahl should be very soft but lentils should be showing slightly.
- If using a normal pot wait until dahl is thick
- Serve hot with plain boiled rice or chapattis.