Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hall Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- bell peppers
- 2 ounces red lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped thyme
- 2 ounces spinach shredded
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 ounce cashew nuts finely chopped
- 1 ounce pitted prunes chopped
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly oil an ovenproof dish.
- Place lentils in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan then add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add remaining stuffing ingredients and mix well.
- Halve peppers length-ways and remove seeds.
- Stuff peppers with filling then place in prepared dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.