Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ cup (generous) well-drained, lightly mashed firm tofu
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp quinoa flour
- 1 tbsp tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp arrowroot dissolved in ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 6 whole-wheat or spelt hamburger buns, split
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Creamy Almondaise
- tomato slices and alfalfa sprouts for garnish
- In large bowl, combine Lentils and rice. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add scallions, garlic carrot and Onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Combine with Lentil/rice mixture. Add tofu, 3 tablespoons flour, tamari, arrowroot mixture, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- In shallow dish, mix together yeast and remaining ½ cup flour.
- With moistened hands, shape Lentil mixture into 6 patties, each about 3 inches in diameter.
- Coat in yeast/flour mixture and refrigerate 30 minutes
- In large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add burgers (in batches if necessary) and cook until crispy brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Spread buns with almondaise, top each burger with some tomato slices and sprouts and serve.