- Prepare yeast according to directions.
- Sift flour in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle; add salt, oil and yeast; slowly add the lukewarm water, and begin mixing by hand until flour is used up.
- Turn out onto floured table and knead for 20 minutes.
- Dough should be smooth and not stick to hands.
- Place dough in a greased pan; cover and allow to rise until double in bulk for about 1½ hours in a warm place.
- Punch down dough, cover and let stand about 15 minutes.
- Grease loaf pans.
- Shape dough on floured table to fit pans, ½ full.
- Cover and and let rise again for 45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 15 minutes; reduce heat to 300°F for 30 to 45 minutes until bread is done and golden in colour.