Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Combine rice, water, butter, mustard and turmeric, in 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Combine rice, shrimp and onion in large bowl.
- Blend oil, lemon juice and sugar.
- Pour over rice mixture; toss.
- Sprinkle with dill weed.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and fresh dill, if desired.