Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 7 cup water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 leeks, green parts only
- 4 parsley sprigs
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large leeks, chopped, white and light green parts only
- 2 med turnips, peeled and diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 14½ oz can tomatoes, chopped
- 12 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp freshly minced parsley
- 3 tbsp freshly minced dill
- matzo farfel, optional
- Combine all stock ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let stand till needed and then drain befroe using.
- Heat oil in a soup pot.
- Add chopped leeks and saute over moderate heat, stirring frequently, til the leeks start to go limp.
- Add stock, turnips, celery and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (including their juice) and mushrooms, simmer another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season to taste and remove from heat.
- Allow soup to stand for several hours or cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, heat through, add parsley and dill.
- Top each serving with matzo farfel if desired.