Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 1" cubes fresh ginger, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 4 tbl water
- 6 tbl vegetable oil, *
- 2 1/2 lb Chicken parts, skinned **
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cup Fresh coriander (w/o roots & lower stems), very finely chopped (about 200g)
- 1/2 Fresh, hot green chilli, very finely chopped, up to 1
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tbl lemon juice
- Try 3T oil.
- 6 kip filets; pound thicker part slightly to flatten.
- Try 3T oil.
- [Translation: A kip filet is a skinned, boned, Chicken breast half.]
- Put the giner and 4 tablespoons of the water into the container of an electric blnder.
- Blend until you have a paste. [Not very paste-like, but still worked.]
- Heat the oil in a wide, heavy, preferably non-stick pot over a medium-high flame.
- When hot, put in as many Chicken pieces as the pot will hold in a single layer and brown on both sides. Remove the Chicken pieces with a slotted spoon and put them in a bowl. Brown all the Chicken pieces this way.
- Put the garlic into the same hot oil. As soon as the pieces turn a medium brown color, turn heat to medium and pour in the paste from the blender.
- Stir and fry it for a minute. Now add the fresh coriander, green chile, Cayenne, ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, and salt. Stir and cook for a minute. Put in all the Chicken pieces as well as any liquid that might have accumulated in the Chicken bowl. Also add 2/3 cup water and the lemon juice. [I added this first and stirred before putting in Chicken.] Stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly, turn heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the Chicken pieces over. Cover again and cook another 10–15 minutes or until Chicken is tender. If the sauce is too thin, uncover the pot and boil some of it away over a slightly
- higher heat.
- Serving Ideas : Serve with Spiced basmati rice.
- NOTES : Extremely yummy! This is a nice company dish; it's easy and it doesn't need much attention for the last half hour.