Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 2 1/2 qt water
- 1 tbl Uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced top sirloin
- 4 tsp lime juice, (up to 8)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp seeded and chopped chili pepper, (optional)
- 1 tbl thai fish sauce
- 4 tsp chopped purple basil
- 4 tsp chopped green onions
- freshly cooked jasmine rice
Crush lemon grass and cut in half. In a large sauce pot, add lemongrass, water, and the 1 tablespoon rice. Cover and bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Cut Beef slices into 2-inch strips; place in a large soup bowl. Add lime juice, Sugar, chili pepper, fish sauce, basil, and green onions. Pour hot stock into bowl. Stir before serving. Serve with cooked jasmine rice.