Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 Servings
- 25 g / 1 oz butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 450 g / 1 lb parsnips, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 900 ml / 1½ pint vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or coriander
- 300 ml / ½ pint milk
- 75 g / 3 oz California ground almonds finely grated
- rind of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche or soured cream
- 25 g / 1 oz California toasted flaked almonds
- parsley sprigs and lemon rind
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the parsnips and cook, stirring for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the ground cumin, vegetable stock and chopped parsley.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until the parsnips are tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and liquidise until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and add the milk, ground almonds and lemon rind.
- Reheat gently and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, then garnish with crème fraîche or soured cream, toasted flaked almonds, parsley sprigs and lemon rind.