Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Extremely light, crumbly and fool-proof.
- 12 tarts
- 30 minutes preparation.
- 8 ounces softened butter
- 2 ounces cornflour (cornstarch)
- 3 ounces icing sugar (fine sugar)
- 6 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon rind, microplane is good
- Put all the cake ingredients in a mixer or food processor and process until soft.
- Put the mixture into a piping-bag with a 1 inch fluted nozzle and pipe into 12 paper liners placed in a bun tin, using a circular movement.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 350 °F until pale in color.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- When cool, sift the icing sugar over the tops, and put a little lemon in the centre of each tart.