Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tart lemon, nutty walnuts and sesame seeds, rich coconut and smooth, sweet dates come together to make these delightfully refreshing treats.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.wholefoodsmarket.com
- Makes about 18
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- Place dates, lemon juice and zest, walnuts and sesame seeds in a food processor.
- Pulse and blend until completely mixed.
- The mixture will be slightly sticky.
- With dampened hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Roll in coconut and chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (1 lemon treat / 31g-wt.):
- 140 Calories (100 from Fat) | 11g Total Fat | 2.5g Saturated Fat | 4g Protein | 10g Total Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 7g Sugar | 0mg Cholesterol | 5mg Sodium