Tart lemon, nutty walnuts and sesame seeds, rich coconut and smooth, sweet dates come together to make these delightfully refreshing treats.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.wholefoodsmarket.com
- Makes about 18
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- Place dates, lemon juice and zest, walnuts and sesame seeds in a food processor.
- Pulse and blend until completely mixed.
- The mixture will be slightly sticky.
- With dampened hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Roll in coconut and chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (1 lemon treat / 31g-wt.):
- 140 Calories (100 from Fat) | 11g Total Fat | 2.5g Saturated Fat | 4g Protein | 10g Total Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 7g Sugar | 0mg Cholesterol | 5mg Sodium