- 1 pound Japanese-style firm silken tofu
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon tahini or almond butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons soy or rice milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix cracker crumbs, syrup and extract until crumbs are moistened.
- Pour into oiled 9-inch pie plate; press mixture firmly to form crust.
- Bake 5 minutes; let cool while preparing the filing.
- In a food processor or blender, combine remaining ingredients and process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake until top is slightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and firm, about 2 hours.
- Pour filling into crust and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours to overnight.
- The texture will resemble that of a cream pie.
- You can use a prepared crust from the store.
- For a no-bake cake, omit cornstarch mixture.