Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- From Southern Living Holiday Dinners 1982
- Serves 16
- 2 dozen ladyfingers
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- whipped cream
- Lemon slices
- Fresh strawberries
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with ladyfingers. Set aside.
- Soften gelatin in water, let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine egg yolks, 1 cup sugar, and salt in top of a double boiler; beat well.
- Bring water in bottom to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon zest and juice, cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and coats a metal spoon.
- Add gelatin, stir until combined. Cool.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until foamy; gradually add 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into custard mixture
- pour into springform pan.
- Chill until firm (4–5 hours).
- Unmold on a serving platter; garnish with piped whipped cream, lemon slices and strawberries.