Makes 4 servings.
- ¾ pound fresh or frozen |sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- 1/16 teaspoon saffron
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups fish stock, divided
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place fillets in lightly-buttered shallow baking dish.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and mix with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; brush over fillets.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Broil at 350°F for 5 to 8 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Cut in chunks; set aside.
- Cook onion in remaining 1 tablespoon butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat until soft.
- Add rice and saffron; stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Stir until absorbed.
- Increase heat to medium high; stir in 1 cup stock.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until stock is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup stock and water, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, cheese and reserved fillets; serve immediately.