Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 egg yolks
- ¾ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- In the top of a double boiler, mix together the sugar, the flour and the egg yolks.
- Add the cold water and cook the mixture over boiling water, stirring often, until it thickens.
- Remove the double boiler from the heat, but leave the top section of the pot over the hot water.
- Add the butter a small piece at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- This sauce may be served hot or cold.